Media, Announcements, Documents and Links
Healthcare Worker Shortages in Rural Counties
One Community Effort to Address This Issue
Read the attached press release regarding a grant that Bay Area Workforce Development Board
has received to address healthcare worker shortages in several rural communities.
Contact information is included on the press release.
Media Library of the Bay Area WDB
- Construction Data from 1/16/2020 Board Meeting
- WHA Health Care Workforce Analysis – Mary Hiltunen (Bellin Health) 11/21/2019
- Health Care Report – Ryan Long (DWD) 11/21/19
- Construction Alliance Presentations 3/7/2019)
- 2018 ALICE Report
- Dislocated Worker Research Presentation – Megan Barrett / Garrett Serna
- The Skills Revolution / Are You Ready? – Lori Antonucci (Right Management)
- Wisconsin’s Workforce September 2017 and Beyond Presentation (9/21/2017)
- Get Real and Get A Plan – a.k.a. “The Millennials Presentation” (05/26/2016)
- Women in Technology – Michelle Schuler
- AI Opportunity or Disruption – Kurt Hahlbeck / Oliver Buechse
- Get Ready for AI (Artificial Intelligence)
- Tech Giants Are Paying Huge Salaries For Scarce AI Talent
Federal and State Links
- Wisconsin Fast Forward – WFF encourages partnerships between employers, and workforce and economic development organizations to provide worker training that is not readily available through existing education/training providers. Over $18 million in grant contracts has been issued to date.
- USA.gov – Comprehensive online guide to government information and services
- U.S. Dept of Labor Employment & Training Administration (DOL-ETA) – Administers federal government job training and worker dislocation programs, federal grants to states for public employment service programs, and unemployment insurance benefits. These services are primarily provided through state and local workforce development systems
- nawb.org – National Association of Workforce Development Board
- dol.gov – U.S. Dept of Labor Agencies & Program listing with information and links
- govinfo.gov – A service of the U.S. Government Publishing Office (GPO), which provides free public access to more than a million official publications from all three branches of the Federal Government
- bensguide.gpo.gov – A service of the Government Publishing Office (GPO), designed to inform students, parents, and educators about publications and information in the GPO’s Federal Depository Library Program.
- wisconsin.gov – Comprehensive “all-Wisconsin” information for residents, business, visitors, workforce, and government. Everything from taxes to fishing licenses; housing to jobs outlook.