In the News
- Bay Area WDB announces strategic partnerships with New North, Inc. and African Heritage, Inc., Community Services Agency (COSA), and We Are HOPE, Inc. to pursue equity-driven initiatives to find and serve “hidden talent”.
- Bay Area WDB awards up to $400,000.00 to gener8tor Management, LLC to provide digital literacy skills training to boost job seeker marketability.
- An article submittal by Matt Valiquette, Executive Director, Bay Area WDB #5
- by Ashley Kaster and Katrina Nickell, Fox 11 News, Thursday, December 16, 2021, includes an interview with Matt Valiquette, Executive Director, Bay Area Workforce Development Board.
- by Danielle Zulkosky, WeAreGreenBay.com, Thursday, December 16, 2021, updated December 17, 2021, includes an interview with Matt Valiquette, Executive Director, Bay Area Workforce Development Board.
Bay Area WDB awarded $70K grant for Transitions to Success Youth Program
- Press Release (12/16/21) – The Bay Area WDB has been awarded a $70,000 grant from the J.J. Keller Foundation, Inc. for their Transitions to Success program to help support opportunity youth transitioning into adult independent living within the greater Green Bay area. This grant coincides with J.J. Keller Foundation’s celebration of 30-years and a $70 Million milestone of giving.
Training Scholarship Opportunities
The Bay Area Workforce Development Board is offering one-hundred scholarships, up to $8,000 per individual, to unemployed and under-employed people who want to pursue jobs in transportation, manufacturing, health care, construction and information technology. See your Press Release here. See news story here.
Input Sought on Workforce Strategies from Regional Partners, Stakeholders
- Read about New North, Inc. seeking input to develop a proposal for the state’s Workforce Innovation grant. This $100 million initiative is to address Wisconsin’s post-pandemic workforce needs.
Healthcare Worker Shortages in Rural Counties
- Learn more regarding the Rural Healthcare Grant that Bay Area Workforce Development Board has received to address healthcare worker shortages in several rural communities. Contact information is included on the press release.
Media Library of the Bay Area WDB
- Regional Healthcare Labor Market Information – Presentation by Ryan Long (DWD) from Board of Directors Meeting on 11/21/19
- NEW Construction Alliance Presentations on 3/7/19
- BAWDB Dislocated Worker & Rapid Response Research Project – Megan Barrett / Garrett Serna
Federal and State Links
- Wisconsin Fast Forward – WFF encourages partnerships between employers, and workforce and economic development organizations to provide worker training that is not readily available through existing education/training providers. Over $18 million in grant contracts has been issued to date.
- USA.gov – Comprehensive online guide to government information and services
- Employment & Training Administration (DOL-ETA) – U.S Department of Labor administers federal government job training and worker dislocation programs, federal grants to states for public employment service programs, and unemployment insurance benefits. These services are primarily provided through state and local workforce development systems
- National Association of Workforce Boards – Learn more about Workforce Development Boards
- U.S. Department of Labor – U.S. Dept of Labor Agencies & Program listing with information and links
- Govinfo.gov – A service of the U.S. Government Publishing Office (GPO), which provides free public access to more than a million official publications from all three branches of the Federal Government
- Ben’s Guide to the U.S. Government – A service of the Government Publishing Office (GPO), designed to inform students, parents, and educators about publications and information in the GPO’s Federal Depository Library Program.
- Wisconsin.gov – Comprehensive “all-Wisconsin” information for residents, business, visitors, workforce, and government. Everything from taxes to fishing licenses; housing to jobs outlook.
- WI Division of Workforce Development – Serving job seekers, businesses and employees
- WisConomy – Your source for Wisconsin economic and labor market information
- WisConnect – Your source for Wisconsin internships