Media, Announcements, Documents and Links
Healthcare Worker Shortages in Rural Counties
One Community Effort to Address This Issue
- Learn more regarding the Rural Healthcare Grant that Bay Area Workforce Development Board
has received to address healthcare worker shortages in several rural communities.
Contact information is included on the press release.
Media Library of the Bay Area WDB
- Wisconsin ALICE Report 2020 – From United Way of Wisconsin. ALICE®, an acronym for Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed, is a new way of defining and understanding the struggles of households that earn above the Federal Poverty Level, but not enough to afford basic necessities.
- Regional Construction Labor Market Information – Presentation by Ryan Long (DWD) from Board of Directors Meeting on 1/16/20
- WHA Health Care Workforce Analysis – Presentation by Mary Hiltunen (Bellin Health) from Board of Directors Meeting on 11/21/19
- Regional Healthcare Labor Market Information – Presentation by Ryan Long (DWD) from Board of Directors Meeting on 11/21/19
- NEW Construction Alliance Presentations on 3/7/19
- BAWDB Dislocated Worker & Rapid Response Research Project – Megan Barrett / Garrett Serna
Federal and State Links
- Wisconsin Fast Forward – WFF encourages partnerships between employers, and workforce and economic development organizations to provide worker training that is not readily available through existing education/training providers. Over $18 million in grant contracts has been issued to date.
- USA.gov – Comprehensive online guide to government information and services
- Employment & Training Administration (DOL-ETA) – U.S Department of Labor administers federal government job training and worker dislocation programs, federal grants to states for public employment service programs, and unemployment insurance benefits. These services are primarily provided through state and local workforce development systems
- National Association of Workforce Boards – Learn more about Workforce Development Boards
- U.S. Department of Labor – U.S. Dept of Labor Agencies & Program listing with information and links
- Govinfo.gov – A service of the U.S. Government Publishing Office (GPO), which provides free public access to more than a million official publications from all three branches of the Federal Government
- Ben’s Guide to the U.S. Government – A service of the Government Publishing Office (GPO), designed to inform students, parents, and educators about publications and information in the GPO’s Federal Depository Library Program.
- Wisconsin.gov – Comprehensive “all-Wisconsin” information for residents, business, visitors, workforce, and government. Everything from taxes to fishing licenses; housing to jobs outlook.
- WI Division of Workforce Development – Serving job seekers, businesses and employees
- WisConomy – Your source for Wisconsin economic and labor market information
- WisConnect – Your source for Wisconsin internships