The Bay Area Workforce Development Board (BAWDB) is one of Wisconsin's eleven regional Boards established by the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA) to address local economic workforce issues in the Brown, Door, Florence, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, Marinette, Menominee, Oconto, Outagamie, Shawano and Sheboygan Counties. BAWDB, a private non-profit corporation, is the fiscal and administrative agent for Board funds and programs.
The Bay Area Workforce Development Board, consisting of selected community representatives, develops a skilled workforce by strategically allocating and coordinating resources to address community needs by working through others for the benefit of all.
The vision of the Bay Area Workforce Development Board is that job skills and educational levels are increased, quality of life of all individuals is enhanced, while employers' needs are met.
Visit Our Job Centers!
- BROWN County, Green Bay
- August Workshop Schedule
- September Workshop Schedule
- DOOR County, Sturgeon Bay
- MANITOWOC County, Manitowoc
- SHEBOYGAN County, Sheboygan
- ONEIDA NATION Job Center, Onieda
- FOX CITIES, Menasha
- OCONTO County, Oconto
- SHAWANO County, Shawano
- MARINETTE County, Marinette
- FLORENCE & NORTHERN MARINETTE Counties, Niagara
- NWTC Graduate Success and Job Outlook - Who hired the 2012-2013 NWTC graduates
- Support for kids aging out of foster care, Green Bay Press Gazette, 5/31/2014
- Industrial Cities Initiative, Green Bay
- Setting A Global Example, Insight on Manufacturing, May 2014
- Selling Manufacturing To A New Generation, USAToday 5/16/2014
- Subject: jobs in manufacturing; kids aren't interested, The Washington Post 5/16/2014
- Challenges and Possibilities Graduation at Green Bay Correctional, NBC26, (5/15/2014)
WIA Local Plan
- Click here to review BAWDB's 2013 Local Plan for Workforce Investment Act (WIA) services.
- Attachments A-Z
- Attachments AA-NN
- WDB/LEO Agreement 2014-2016
Bay Area Workforce Development Board (BAWDB) functions as a catalyst between public and private partnerships serving WIA Title I. BAWDB is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program.