The Bay Area Workforce Development Board (BAWDB) is one of Wisconsin's eleven regional Boards established by the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA) to address local economic workforce issues in the Brown, Door, Florence, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, Marinette, Menominee, Oconto, Outagamie, Shawano and Sheboygan Counties. BAWDB, a private non-profit corporation, is the fiscal and administrative agent for Board funds and programs.
The Bay Area Workforce Development Board, consisting of selected community representatives, develops a skilled workforce by strategically allocating and coordinating resources to address community needs by working through others for the benefit of all.
The vision of the Bay Area Workforce Development Board is that job skills and educational levels are increased, quality of life of all individuals is enhanced, while employers' needs are met.
Request For Proposals 2014
Bay Area WDB administers programs under Title I of the Worforce Investment Act (WIA). Program services are initiated through a contracted case management system for each county BAWDB serves. Currently, Proposals are being accepted for Program Year 2014-2015 (July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015) for WIA Title I: Youth Case Management in the following areas:
- Bay Area Central, serving the counties of Brown, Door, Kewaunee, Menominee and Shawano; and
- Bay Area North, serving the counties of Florence, Marinette and Oconto
Proposals are due no later than 12:30 pm on Friday, June 13, 2014.
Visit Our Job Centers!
- Support for kids aging out of foster care, Green Bay Press Gazette, 5/31/2014
- Industrial Cities Initiative, Green Bay
- Setting A Global Example, Insight on Manufacturing, May 2014
- Selling Manufacturing To A New Generation, USAToday 5/16/2014
- Subject: jobs in manufacturing; kids aren't interested, The Washington Post 5/16/2014
- Challenges and Possibilities Graduation at Green Bay Correctional, NBC26, (5/15/2014)
WIA Local Plan
- Click here to review BAWDB's 2013 Local Plan for Workforce Investment Act (WIA) services.
- Attachments A-Z
- Attachments AA-NN
- WDB/LEO Agreement 2014-2016
Bay Area Workforce Development Board (BAWDB) functons as a catalyst between public and private partnerships serving WIA Title I. BAWDB is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program.